In addition to offering a comprehensive general & colorectal surgical service to my patients at the The West Middlesex University Hospital, I am available to see private patients as detailed below:
I perform most types of general, colorectal & laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery. My specialist interests are listed below:
|Rectal Bleeding||Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery|
|Bowel Cancer||Pelvic Floor Disorders|
|Colonoscopy & Endoscopy||Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy|
|Stapled Haemorhoidectomy (PPH)||Hernia Repair (laparoscopic & open)|
|Haemorhoidal Ligation (HALO & Hemorpex)||Pilonidal Sinus Disease|
|Inflammatory Bowel Disease||Removal of 'Lumps & Bumps'|
|Ileal Pouch Formation||Ingrowing Toenail Surgery|
I have written information leaflets on some of the above procedures and others - these can be found in the 'Patient Information' section of my website.
I will see insured and non-insured patients and am registered with all the major insurance companies (see here). Patients who are insured should get a letter of referral from their GP otherwise they may find their insurance company will not cover the full cost of treatment. All insured patients should check that their level of cover would provide for their treatment. Patients themselves are liable for all costs incurred, most of which can be claimed back from their insurance company. Please check that you do not have a 'shortfall' on your policy or specific exclusions that you will liable to pay directly.
If you are not covered by any of the health insurance companies then you will have to pay all fees directly.
I use a billing company to administer my fees. You can contact them directly with queries using the information below:
A note about bills:
- You may receive a bill from the hospital as well as from me. Both need to be paid as the hospital charges for any procedures are for the equipment and my charges are for performing the procedure.
- Please note - All private hospitals will invoice the patients separately for equipment used during these procedures. It is the patients’ responsibility to enquire of these charges and to settle the bill directly with the hospital concerned. These bills are separate to, and not inclusive of the procedure bill submitted by me - this is special importance to un-insured patients who should take this into account when budgeting for treatment.
- Cheques are to be made payable to Mr Jason Smith and sent to the address above.
- Monday 17:30 - 19:00, Syon Clinic, (weekly)
- Wednesday 14:00 – 16:00, Clementine Churchill Hospital (weekly)
- Wednesday 10:30 – 12:30, Chiltern Hospital (2nd Wednesday of every month)
- Wednesday 19:00 - 21:00, Chiltern Hospital (4th Wednesday of every month)
Additional times to the above can be arranged, but an additional fee of £25 may have to be added to cover the hire of the room.
- Friday afternoon on weeks 1 & 3 of the month at Clementine Churchill Hospital
- Ad-hoc sessions as required at The Chiltern or Shelburne Hospitals
If you require an operation this will be arranged directly with me at the time of your consultation. It may not be possible to give you a date immediately at your consultation as availability needs to be confirmed. However, you will be contacted directly either by the hospital and/or me shortly afterwards. I prefer to do this by email so would appreciate you giving me your email address during the consultation. You will need to have your insurance details available. It may be necessary for you to come up to the hospital prior to your operation for a 'fitness for surgery' check and have any relevant blood tests and x-rays performed.
- Clementine Churchill Hospital - Wednesday lunchtime by arrangement
- Chiltern Hospital – Wednesday morning or afternoon by arrangement
- West Middlesex Hospital – by arrangement with Mr Smith, usually Friday afternoon - Self-Pay and NON-BUPA patients only
If you require an endoscopy this will be arranged directly with me at the time of your consultation. It may not be possible to give you a date immediately at your consultation as availability needs to be confirmed. However, you will be contacted directly either by the hospital and/or me shortly afterwards. I prefer to do this by email so would appreciate you giving me your email address during the consultation. Once a date is confirmed you will then be contacted directly by the hospital reservations department who will ask you for your insurance details.
I am registered with all the main insurance companies listed below:
- AXA PPP
- Norwich Union
- Legal & General
- Exeter Friendly
- Secure Health
- Simply Health
If your insurance company is not listed above then please provide their telephone number and I can arrange appropriate recognition.
It is always helpful to have your membership number to hand when contacting me, and also a pre-authorisation number if you are requesting an appointment.